DIY Hair Mask: How To Get Softer Hair

Monday, November 7, 2011

I hate my hair. I really do. I try to tame them but noooooo! They got a mind of it's own. I don't have poker straight hair but wavy to straight. I also don't have enough volume in my hair and like all the girls, I experience hair loss. Blame the stress and extreme weather conditions of Dubai.

While at a beauty event, my friend and fellow blogger Ekta suggested I try an avocado+egg hair mask. So I went home, did some research and mixed together in a bowl the following ingredients:


1 mashed avocado (if you have really long hair, use 1.5 avocados)
1 egg yolk
A few tablespoons of honey (this is optional)

I slathered this paste all over my hair avoiding the roots because I was told it would make the top part of the hair look oily. I then covered the hair in a shower cap and waited for an hour before washing it off with shampoo.

I saw the difference in the first wash. My hair were really soft to touch- the frizz was gone! No more fights with the hair- yay! My hair isn't that great so I didn't notice the shine but I'm sure with regular application, I can reap the benefits.

These ingredients work immediately because they are packed with vitamins and proteins. Honey is the best thing when you are experiencing dryness either on your face (make a yogurt and honey mask!) or body (make a sugar and honey body scrub) or hair (either this mask or a mayonnaise and honey mask!).

parul ghalout said...

Thank you nice tips and i will try it soon because my hair is very dull..hope it will work on my hair too..thnx once again.

Post a Comment