Golden Globes 2012: The Fashion Parade

Monday, January 16, 2012

Let's get straight to the point. Apart from the awards, I look at what the actresses wore- this is the only time they get to glam up (premieres don't count) and for me, there were just 3 who stood out in terms of beautiful gowns that suited their complexion along with wonderful hair, makeup and accessories- Angelina Jolie, Emma Stone and Kate Beckinsale.

I'm no fashion expert but here are my favorite gowns and misses spotted at the Golden Globes 2012.

First up- my favorite actress, Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace. This is such a beautiful gown and it's the first time I see a combination of red and nude done so well! Love Angie's hair, makeup, the clutch and shoes. She's kept jewelry to a minimal (earrings and a ring only) and that's an excellent choice- don't want to overpower the wonderful gown, now do we? The whole look is put together so well. If I were attending an awards ceremony, I'd definitely wear this.



Emma Stone in a gorgeous Lanvin gown- how beautiful is the color? Whilst I appreciate the shoulder detailing (think Elie Saab), I think the belt with the buckle is a bit off. Love how the gown falls; I wouldn't have selected a black clutch or black heels, though. I wish her makeup artist had done a bit more when it came to eye makeup and hair!



Kate Beckinsale in Roberto Cavalli. One word: gorgeous; the gown and Kate. The intricate detailing on the gown (which isn't clear in the images) is what makes it look so chic. I love the accessories and hair. Not a fan of the makeup- I think she looks too washed out- a lot of nude colors going on here (too much of anything isn't a good thing).



And here are the remaining gowns that caught my eye.

The feather sisters: Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang and Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci.



Elle Macpherson in Zac Posen. Very much a pretty fairy-tale type of gown


Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Couture. I think this gown with the mini train would've looked better if it didn't have that awkward slit. Something went awfully wrong with Charlize's hair- love the headband. 


 Here are the gowns that landed up on my dislike list: 

Salma Hayek in Gucci- compared to the other gowns above, this is not nice at all.


Freida Pinto in Prada. What the heck, Freida? This gown does nothing for your body shape and really isn't Golden Globes material. The necklace almost disappears into her neck. Amazing color of the gown, though.


Reese Witherspoon in Zac Posen. No, no and no! No for the gown which is extremely simple, no for the hair (what the hell?!) and no for the accessories. If you're gown is this simple, at least accessorize your neck with a good looking necklace.


Michelle Williams in Jason Wu. No, again. Didn't velvet go out of fashion? And this really doesn't look like a big event red carpet gown. Looks kind of matronly to me.

 

Madonna in Reem Acra. As much as I love Reem Acra, I don't like this gown. Also, I don't think Madonna did any justice to this gown. First of all, wrong accessories. Secondly, what is it with a hand glove??? And third, I would've definitely styled the hair in another manner. 


And the worst dressed award goes to...

Post a Comment