Review: Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream

Sunday, June 30, 2013

If you read my blog on a regular basis, you will know by now that I use a handful of Elemis products and it is one of my favorite brands. I recommend everyone to at least, try Elemis once either at a spa (head to Cleopatra's Spa, Wafi Mall or read my spa experience) or at home. They are selective of the ingredients used and the benefits it provides. Did I mention my favorite was the Visible Brilliance Serum?

Elemis recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of their best selling anti-ageing moisturizer: the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. Apparently, one pot is sold every minute!


So, when I got this to try I asked  my mum to volunteer as the cream has been designed to work effectively on mature skin. I tried this cream too but for different reasons. Read on.

The Pro-Collagen Marine Cream uses a marine extract which is an algae infused with skin enriching benefits. Elemis claims that you will notice a difference in your skin in 2 weeks' time i.e. reduction in the appearance of wrinkles, optimum levels of hydration and firm skin. While my mum is blessed with beautiful skin (soft skin with not one acne mark. I'm still figuring out how I can end up with skin like that), she does have slight pigmentation on her cheeks and emerging wrinkles on her forehead. So, I told her to target those areas and try the cream.


The consistency is amazing. It is a completely light moisturizer and not thick in texture. The fragrance is not overwhelming; it smells so wonderful that every time I opened the pot I'd bring it close to my nose to get a whiff of it. The cream is absorbed by the skin in a matter of seconds and leaves you with a nice dewy to matte finish which means your face doesn't shine like the sun. When I first applied it, it looked greasy and I was so disappointed but a few seconds later, all was ok.


Onto the results! My mum tried it for a little more than 2 weeks and she told me her skin felt smoother. The pesky lines on her forehead, while they didn't completely disappear (we weren't expecting that either), they did look less prominent. Score! So the claim of "reducing the appearance of wrinkles" is true. She felt the skin around the cheeks looked uplifted although nothing much has happened to the pigmentation. She applied the cream every evening (because I kept asking her what the results were like everyday, haha!) after cleansing and toning. My mum's still using it and is quite happy with it.

I used the cream for its moisturizing properties (and because I love the fragrance). I saw the results in a day's time- the few dry patches I had on my face especially around the nose area were gone and I was so content knowing that Elemis didn't fail to disappoint me or mum for that matter.

The Pro-Collagen Marine Cream is quite luxurious and you will need very little everyday which means you aren't going to run out of it quickly. Visit their website for a list of store locations.

Have you tried this cream? What do you think of it?

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Latifah said...

I want you plz to do flash blam review. I want to find if it is nice and not like bb cream.

Ella said...

Ah seems like I found your review at the best time. I am starting to get those laugh lines around my mouth so I cannot wait to try this.

Post a Comment