The Food Byte: Oreo Chocolate Truffles

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Being a fan of desserts, I appreciate everything made out of chocolate. While at the Burgundy Desserts Bar in Jumeirah, Dubai the other day, I picked up 2 boxes of Oreo chocolate truffles- one for a friend and other for myself. I sunk my teeth for the first time into the truffle and immediately ate 3 of them in the next 5 seconds...hey! They were that good! A few weeks later I came across a recipe on how to make these truffles and immediately took it upon myself to make it.

Image credits: The Johnsons Cook

 I couldn't take a pic of the truffles I made since they were eaten by all in a jiffy!
 
A pack of 16 Oreos (I got the classic one without any flavor)
Cream cheese (I took enough to make an Oreo and cream cheese dough)
Plain or white chocolate (to coat the truffles)


Put the Oreos in the food processor/mixer so you have nothing but powdered Oreos. Use enough cream cheese to mix the powder with so you are left with an Oreo dough- it should not be too soft or too hard. Place this in the fridge for about 20mins for it to set. In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Get the Oreo dough out of the fridge, take a small piece and roll it in between of your palms. Continue until the dough is finished. Coat the truffles in melted chocolate and put them back in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until they are set. Then you are ready to gobble!

This was my first attempt and I have to say they turned out pretty well. My brother actually asked if I had made another trip to the Burgundy Desserts Bar!

Post a Comment