Competition: Benefit Cosmetics

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Updated: Winners for the competition are-

1st prize: Roxanne Maximille Gahol
2nd, 3rd, 4th prizes: Nagham Akileh, Nida Moughal, Namita V Suri

Please send me a Facebook message stating your delivery address. Thanks to everyone who participated!

----------------------------

Benefit Cosmetics is one of my favorite makeup brands. Apart from their fun packaging, their products are amazing! My favorite products (you must try them!) are Benetint, Hello Flawless foundation and Fine One One. I've also reviewed other products- Porefessional, Bella Bamba and their latest launch Fake Up.

And because I LOVE it so much, I've partnered with the awesome people at Benefit Cosmetics to give away amazing goodies!


There will be 5 winners in total from Twitter and Facebook.

1st prize: A hamper of Porefessional, Sugarlicious and They're Real
2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes: Goodie bag of Porefessional and They're Real

Here's how to enter:

1) Like my Facebook page
2) Follow on Twitter here and here
3) Post your answer to this question in the comments section below:  When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
4) Mention your Facebook and Twitter name along with your comment/answer
5) Tweet the following through your Twitter account:  I entered @KeepingUpWithN's competition to win makeup from Benefit Cosmetics http://bit.ly/12Hvahi

You must follow all the steps to be eligible to win.

Competition open to UAE residents only. Good luck!


Neelofer said...

Once your comments are approved, they will be published. Please do not post your comments multiple times. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Done all steps very carefully

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
I remmember when i was 2nd standard, i take my mom lipstick and put in my lips, when my mom saw ..she was very angry.

FB name- Kuldeep Chauhan
Twitter - @kuldeep531

Jewel said...

,.haha still remember that time,when I was in a competition(group competition) I actually don't know how to put a blush on, and I just put it on my cheek a circle pattern just like on the doll's face..imagine that..

Facebook name: Jewel Gamboa Catungal
Twitter name: @DBSdubai

Anonymous said...

Done all steps..wish to win

I remember my first make up faux ..i do not know how to apply liner.

Facebook- Parul ghalout
Twitter @parulghalout

ishmeen said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
Facebook: Ishmeen Sethi Maini
Twitter: @SethiKhuaish
Answer: Lining ONLY the bottom lashline/waterline.This mad emy eyes look so tired and also makes it look small. This wasn’t flattering at all. :(

ishmeen said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
Facebook: Ishmeen Sethi Maini
Twitter: @SethiKhuaish
Answer: Lining ONLY the bottom lashline/waterline.This mad emy eyes look so tired and also makes it look small. This wasn’t flattering at all. :(

shazia mushtaq said...

I used only the lipstick for lips , cheeks & eye shades ( with one stroke & no blendings ) imagine a clown !!
Facebook name - Shazia Mushtaq
Twitter name - @shazia2579

Unknown said...

Tala M Rajha....... tala_rajha
Black kohl pen and Pink lipstick

shazia mushtaq said...

I used only the lipstick for lips , cheeks & eye shades ( with one stroke & no blendings ) imagine a clown !!
Facebook name - Shazia Mushtaq
Twitter name - @shazia2579

Anonymous said...

I think during the Annual day Ceremony where i learnt for the 1st time about "foundation" and applied it without knowing what was the right amount. So when i went to perform my Dance, i looked more of the ghost with scanty makeup and bright pink lipstick to add the effects....Hahaha Biggest Fashion faux-pas.

FB Name:Nikhita Gerald
Twitter Name:@MsBelleNiki

Roxanne Gahol said...

Hi Neelofer :)

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
I think my biggest faux pas would be not to use waterproof eyeliner when I first started using makeup. It would be sad and funny when I'd rub my eyes and begin to look like a panda. But today, I've learned my lesson and panda eyes no more.

FB Name- Roxanne Maximille Gahol
Twitter - @maximalliste

ishmeen said...

Done all steps completed.

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
Answer: Lining ONLY the bottom lashline/waterline. By doing this it made my eyes look so tired. My eyes looked smaller and more narrower than they actually are. This wasn't flattering at all.

Facebook: Ishmeen Sethi Maini
Twitter: @SethiKhuaish

Unknown said...

Pink lipstick used only


FB name: Tala M Rajha
twitt: tala_rajha

Anonymous said...

When I was in grade school (grade 2, imagine how young), I used creep paper (red color) as for my lipstick.

FB NAme: Nancy Alcantara
Twitter Name: @nanz2013 (nancy^alcantara)

Anonymous said...

Done all the steps

When i was in school, i really dint know how to wear make up , so during teachers day programme we had to look like a teacher , lolzz i tried to look like my teacher Mrs Singh and when i finished my make up it turned out disaster

FB name : fatema painter
twitter : fatema_painter

Buttercup said...

haha....i remember outlining my eye with a black marker....got a witch look...

FB name - Blossom Pereira
Twitter - @musicalbuttercu

Faith said...

When I was in school, my biggest make-up faux pas was not putting foundation or compact powder all over my neck as well, so I'd usually end up having a much whiter face! Also, I never used to check my makeup in natural light, so I wouldn't notice that I was 'over-blushed'...and not natural at all! Another thing was rubbing foundation over my eyebrows, which is a mistake I still do sometimes today when I'm really in a hurry and regret every time I do so, as it looks untidy and like I don't have any eyebrows on pictures that use flash! Haha! :p

Facebook: Faith Rodriguez
Twitter @faithgrace16

Faith said...

When I was in school, my biggest make-up faux pas was not putting foundation or compact powder all over my neck as well, so I'd usually end up having a much whiter face! Also, I never used to check my makeup in natural light, so I wouldn't notice that I was 'over-blushed'...and not natural at all! Another thing was rubbing foundation over my eyebrows, which is a mistake I still do sometimes today when I'm really in a hurry and regret every time I do so, as it looks untidy and like I don't have any eyebrows on pictures that use flash! Haha! :p

Facebook: Faith Rodriguez
Twitter @faithgrace16

Faith said...

When I was in school my biggest make-up faux pas was not putting foundation or compact powder all over my neck as well, so my face always appeared much whiter. Also, I wouldn't double-check my make-up in natural light so I never noticed that I was "over-blushed" and it didn't look natural at all! Another thing was rubbing foundation over my eyebrows which I still do sometimes when I'm in a hurry and I regret it every time, because it looks untidy and like I have no eyebrows in pictures that use flash! Haha! :p

Facebook: Faith Rodriguez
Twitter: @faithgrace16

Anonymous said...

All steps done.

while in school my biggest make up faux pas would be using dark lipstick during school occasions which would make me look very scary and darken my complexion.

facebook: Cathy Rodrigues
twitter: @rodriguescathy

Sally Gray said...

I NEVER WASHED MY MAKEUP OFF!! I always went to bed with it on. I never had acne or facial problems, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, so i took advantage of that..big mistake, now my face is sensitive in my mid 20's! But that was my FAUX-PAS & believe me, wish i knew better!

www.fb.com/sally.gray.125
www.twitter.com/Sassy_Sally_J

Anonymous said...

wow what a amazing n fantastic Benefit Cosmetics is one of my favorite makeup brands,,i m use this,,best competition.yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy product.i hope 2 win inshallah..This products are amazing, all time my favourite,because i love it..............
FB name..saima pervaiz
saima_sim@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...


Used my mother's lipstick and my father saw it and he slapped me :-(

FB name - Kashiana Williams
Twitter - @kashianawilliams

Unknown said...

During school times I was always fascinated by aunts make up which was imported. Once when she was not around I picked up couple of her makeup items (lipstick, blush & eye shadows) & took them to my school to use them & show off my friends. someone stole the eye shadow kit from my bag, only for me to be punished by my aunt, who wouldn't talk to me for years.

FB name : Henna Bhojwani
Twitter: hennabhojwani

maurah said...

In school my biggest make-up faux pas was over plucking my eye brows and having to use my mum's eye liner pencil to try and make them look normal, until the hair brows grew back. It was so very embarrassing!

FB Name: Maura Hales
Twitter: maurahales

MARIA KHAZANCHI said...

Done all steps :)
Fb ..MARIA KHAZANCHI
Twitter..MARIA KHAZANCHI
I remember once APPLIED MY MOM Brown Eyeliner ON MY LIPS..EEEKSSS

Unknown said...

when I was small I always used foundation I put all foundation on my face because I want to look fair and beautifull after this mom always cried on me
Facebook nme Rehana ghaffar
twitter name Rehana ghaffar

Pradyut Chakraborty said...

I had always had a fascination towards lipsticks during my kindergarten days....Mom, somehow felt my inclination & so she locked all her cosmetics in drawer...one fine day, I managed to steal the key & put whatever the lipsticks available in my lips...Mom almost had a heart-attack seeing my multicoloured face...That moment was one of the precious memories till now...

FB name - Deborupa Ukil Chakraborty

Twitter name - Deborupa Ukil C

Unknown said...

i dont know why it is not showing my comment

Jane Carol said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?

When I'm in school days I don't have any make up item. But am so crazy about it. It was a class photo day while I was in 5th standard. so before the photo shoot I went to the wash room and used the red sketch pen as lipstick and black sketch pen for eyes. Really looked weird in it..ha ha ha. Even I have used many different color sketch pens for nails. :)

Thanks.

Facebook Name: Jane Carol
Twitter: @JaneCarol2

Anonymous said...

rifat tahir (facebook name)
MrsRifat (twitter name)
mrs_rifat_shiraz@hotmail.com

the biggest makeup faux was when i took my moms lipstick from her beauty box and came to school and applied to all my friends and I was punished for this act by my teacher.

Omayma Tantawy said...

Done all the steps :

I was a fan of the dark lip liner, light lipstick trend.

Facebook/otantawy
twitter/OmaymaTantawy

Anonymous said...

it was my first day to university and I spent 60 minutes doing my make Up . My mother cried at me:WHAT IS THAT? toy are still too young . and made me wash my face

Az Za facebook
zizi hanem@azza_me

Unknown said...

My biggest Faux pas in school was drawing Eyebrows with the kajal pencil...oh man, that was like inviting scary looks, I have just dumped all my school time photographs, its so embarrassing when u look back...

namitavsuri@gmail.com
Namita V Suri

Unknown said...

I forgot to put my twitter name...its @namitavsuri

Anonymous said...

Looooooooooooool I made a make up of my right eye and left the left plain and gooooo out

@ashraf_desuki

Ashraf Aldesuqi

khoulah said...

I took my mum's lip liner to school n tried to be big gal. Was trying to put on while a teacher entered the room ,i was so scared that i started to write on my book with that pencil.the teacher didnt say any thing but my mum was so furious....cant tell u in words :(
Fb name: doc khan
Twitter: @khoulahk

khoulah said...

When i was in school,i took my mum's lip liner. I was trying to be big gal,trying to put it on,suddenly a teacher came in the room.i was so scared that i started to write down on book with that pencil.the techer didnt say anything as she doesnt notice,but my mum was soooo furious n cant tell u in words :(
Fb name: doc khan
Twitter: @khoulahk

Lina zendah said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
The First Time use lipstick for my mother in grade 2 ^_^ i am remmber the colour is red
facebook:lenazendah
twitter:@lenazendah

Lina zendah said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
The First Time use lipstick for my mother in grade 2 ^_^ i am remmber the colour is red
facebook:lenazendah
twitter:@lenazendah

Lina zendah said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
The First time in second grade iam use red lipstick for my mother ^_^
facebook:lenazendah
twitter:@lenazendah
i hope to win

Noora said...

when i was in school ,there is a very big memory attached to the word make up as i cant forget tat day throughout my life as it a was a really a funny day and rather a day which taught me the correct application of make up.
it was like i was in 9th standard and hardly i apply any make up.So just for a change i thought to impress all,so i applied powder and foundation cream even.
But alas,as soon as i entered the class all the batch mates specially the boys started making fun of me telling i have applied 6 inch paint on my face.tat day i really weird appearance and sadness filled in my heart.that taught me a lesson on how to apply the correct make up suitable for my face.Now i feel i should thank my frenz for it.


facebook id:Noora Ashraf
twitter id:@NOORAASHRAF

Noora said...

when i was in school ,there is a very big memory attached to the word make up as i cant forget tat day throughout my life as it a was a really a funny day and rather a day which taught me the correct application of make up.
it was like i was in 9th standard and hardly i apply any make up.So just for a change i thought to impress all,so i applied powder and foundation cream even.
But alas,as soon as i entered the class all the batch mates specially the boys started making fun of me telling i have applied 6 inch paint on my face.tat day i really weird appearance and sadness filled in my heart.that taught me a lesson on how to apply the correct make up suitable for my face.Now i feel i should thank my frenz for it.


facebook id:Noora Ashraf
twitter id:@NOORAASHRAF

Noora said...

when i was in school ,there is a very big memory attached to the word make up as i cant forget tat day throughout my life as it a was a really a funny day and rather a day which taught me the correct application of make up.
it was like i was in 9th standard and hardly i apply any make up.So just for a change i thought to impress all,so i applied powder and foundation cream even.
But alas,as soon as i entered the class all the batch mates specially the boys started making fun of me telling i have applied 6 inch paint on my face.tat day i really weird appearance and sadness filled in my heart.that taught me a lesson on how to apply the correct make up suitable for my face.Now i feel i should thank my frenz for it.


facebook id:Noora Ashraf
twitter id:@NOORAASHRAF

Noora said...

it happened when i was in 9th standard in school,the day i will never forget in my life.It all happened like i thought of applying make up and going to school farewell function which we were giving for the 10th standard students.it was the first time i am applying make up.firstly i applied foundation and then over it cream.i didnt know tat the foundation i applied was too different a contrast color for my skin.when i entered the school hall, all started glaring at me with all their eyes and even started making fun of me saying i have applied 6 inch paint and varnish on my face.i felt very sad and gloomy were a few days after tat.But tat taught me the value of correct application of make up.tanx to my frenz for all tat.jus cherish those memories of my life.

facebook name:Noora Ashraf
twitter name:@NOORAASHRAF

MhEgZz said...

when i was in 9th grade, i bought a mascara(not waterproof) and applied.. am about to enter the school gate then suddenly the rain poured i accidentally wiped off my eyes & ola! my mascara scattered all over my face, i forgot that i was wearing a non waterproof mascara & i entered the classroom & my classmates was terribly laughing at me... it was so embarrassing! wheww!

Unknown said...

When I was in school, my biggest make-up faux pas was actually the most embarrassing moment. I got my 1st makeup kit when i was in 5th grade. Like every girl I was so excited. Excitement in applying makeup for 1st time has ended up wearing tons of makeup especially pink blush for a friend sister's wedding. I still remember the comment I have got. One of senior school has called me clown with background of many laughing at me :(
so my biggest makeup faux pas has ended as most embarrassing moment. And i still hate that girl :@

Facebook: Nilofar Azeez
Twitter: @NeeluShami

Unknown said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
I loved to use moms lipstick and was always fascinated with the soft brushes...using the blusher was my favourite, sprinkling sparkles made me Cinderella :D

facebook name: Clarinda Campos
twitter name:#CamposClarinda

Unknown said...

"When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?"

I didn't actually start wearing make-up until Uni! My biggest faux pas then was the black eyeliner on the inside of the eye lid. It made my eyes look smaller and it always smudged lol.


FB: nagham.akileh
Twitter: @nagham

Unknown said...

i love Benefit Cosmetics and I hope I am chosen as the winner.
My biggest makeup mistake in school was putting face powder on my face and not blending it properly. Once a school guy commented on that and I was so ashamed that I got put off by makeup for some time. Now I always research any makeup item and how to apply it before actually applying it.
facebook name : Eram rasool
twitter name : @eram81

Unknown said...

I love benefit Cosmetics and I hope that I get chosen as a winner.
My biggest makeup mistake in school was that I put on face powder but did not blend it well. It was a school party and a guy commented on it. After that I was so ashamed that I got put off makeup for some time. Now I always research a product and how to apply it before actually purchasing and using it.
facebook name : Eram Rasool
twitter name : @eram81

Unknown said...

My most memorable day when I was in grade 3 we had an Annual prog of my school n as I was d participant I had to put on make up n also my partners I sneaked all my mums stuffs in my bag n did all my make up wch I can say made me look a vampire n also did for my frenz d same an when ma'am entered in the room she was so shocked n held both her hands on head ... That was d scariest moment of my life lol xx

Daughterofdsun@facebook.com


Regards ,
Saima Nasif❤❤❤

Anonymous said...

I was 8 that time I remeber I started with my mother's red lipstick first as I used to love the color, but I always used to smudge it all around my lips and end up looking like a clown instead =D

Facebook name: www.facebook.coom/tahir.faryal
Twitter: fari_670

Yosh Vaz said...

my biggest makeup faux pas was on my first date... apart from wanting to look good i was so nervous that i used the pencil eyeliner as my lipliner and used moms lipstick as eyeshadow and blush... i think by the time i met my date i had licked the lipstick off my lips out of nervousness.

Yosh Vaz said...

Hi neelofer,

forgot to mention:

my facebook name - yosh vaz
Twitter name - @YoshVaz

Anonymous said...

There was this one time when I was in 8th grade, I used my mommy's waterproof mascara few hours before going to the school. I didn't recognize it was waterproof & I tried taking it off as soon I realized that! But it was too late; My bus was down stairs already!
At class my teacher asked me If I wore mascara, as soon as she asked that question I told myself that 'this day isn't gonna end well." But it did! It did end well! I told my teacher that I put some water in my eyes because I was too sleepy, & then she minded her own business the whole day! LOL!

Facebook Name :Samama Reza
Twitter Name : @samamareza

Anonymous said...

The makeup faux paus was putting on liquid foundation. Oh my god my friends I looked like we put white paint on our faces.

Facebook Name: Eman Qadeer
Twitter Name: @EmanQadeer

Marwa Abdullah said...

All Steps done :)

When I was in school, my biggest make-up faux pas was applying black eyeliner as thick as eyeshadow, plus forgetting all about blusher, so I end up like dead person :)

Thanks Allah now I keep knowing a lot about makeup, from internet and professional blogs like yours :)

Facebook: Marwa Abdullah
Twitter: Marwa

Anonymous said...

My biggest fashion faux pas when I was in school was my insistent use of liquid foundation that I never got to match my skin tone. I was either white or orange for many-a-days in my younger years!

FB: Jennifer Otano (jenniferkristy83)
Twitter: jenniferkristy3

Unknown said...

I put nail polish on my lips once thinking it was a lip gloss..Lol!

Facebook Name :Humera Jawad
Twitter Name : @humerajawad

Anonymous said...

I stole moms make up for a function when i was in 5th grade , a compact that was two shades lighter , a red lipstick as a eye shadow and lip smear ended up looking like a clown lol.

Still makes me laugh when i think of it , people cudnt take their eyes off me.

It was only when my best fren told me how silly i looked i tried taking it off only to my disappointment it just wouldn't go lol .Had my mom yelling at me the whole evening coz i had spoiled her stuff nd also made my self look like a joker lol

fb- ash
twitter-@ashuftag

Unknown said...

its happend when i was in 5th grade i got my first make up kit n apply foundation all over my face i was looking like ghost and apply blushon with lipstick n enterd to classroom all girls n my teacher making fun of me its was soo wierd lol facebook;nida saleem ,twitter :@nidzzmalik

Unknown said...

its happend when i was in 5th grade ,i got my first make up kit n applly foundation all over my face n i was loooking like ghost lol n apply blushion with lipstick n enterd to clssroom all girls n my teacher making fun of me its was so wierd :D:D

Anonymous said...

Lets just say i was not the best at putting make up during school days.since my mum always had the best of the best make up items,i just had to get my hands on them.my biggest issue was matching my lipstick and blush.ofcourse when you are a kid,you do not really know the stuff so hidingly i used to apply the products in the school bathroom and my friends used to mock me and guess whats my nick now?ms.mismatch:p

martha rodrigues
marni@eim.ae

Anonymous said...

my biggest make up faux has a little something to do with lipsticks.i love love them since they have so many colours.unfortunately in school i was not the best person at putting it.ofcourse i did not know what a lipliner was at that time(now i know how essential it is) so my lipstick used to smudge the whole time and i have had the class laugh at me hysterically till one of them gave me the mirror and i really looked like the joker at that point(no offense to him) so girls always keep a lipliner in your bag.you never know when you need it:)

fb name:nicholas rodrigues
twitter:@marni824

Faith said...

Sorry, Keeping Up With N that I spammed you three times unintentionally, something was wrong with my connection or something that I kept getting an error every time I posted so I thought it had not gone through. Hope this doesn't disqualify me though! Fingers crossed! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I remember in the school before there is like beauty pageant then I'm one of the contestant,I need to put make up then I took my mother's make up I put for myself,I don't know how to use it I just apply then in then end it was disaster very red lipstick,the blush on is not the same and the eyeliner was very black,I didn't win...after the contest they took photo for us and I see myself in the photo it was very bad make up that's why I didn't win....LOL!

Facebook Name:Umm Hanna
Twitter Name @Ummhanna23

Anonymous said...

Applying so much kohl under my eyes that i would end up looking like a raccoon in an hours time!

facebook: varsha vineeth
Twitter: @VarshaVineeth

Unknown said...

Schooling days are awesome for me, I am using only one mosturising cream daily and Kajal. And for makeup :) nothing to put on my face. For some occasions marriage or party only use lipstick and Kajal it's only makeup for me. That's why today also i am using only lip gloss or lipstick. I have fear after apply foundation or any makeup kit i am looking ugly :(.. Wish i can get Benefit Cosmetics goodies, i know products are amazing which give me new look.

Facebook Name: Sana Naz M
Twitter NAme: @sunny32012

Thanks and finger crossed :)

Unknown said...

Sorry for d wrong info I had mentioned above

Facebook name :Saima Nasif
Fb id: daughterofdsun@yahoo.com
Twitter :@shum1424


Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I used to be an avid user of lip gloss and wouldnt wanna go to school without eye kajal.
Mrs Baig

Facebook id-Home Maker
Twitter id-@maker_home

Anonymous said...

ahahahhaha.... for me was during J.S. Prom, I put too much foundation all over my face plus the foundation shade is not match to my skin tone. Seeing my face in the mirror it is fine but when I saw my JS prom photos... OMG! I looked like a ghost, my face was so white. It so embarrassing, maybe my date that night was to disappointed that his date is not pretty enough. because he didn't dance with me that night :( aheheheh! but it's fine i had so much fun with my friends <3

Anonymous said...

I still remember the time when I was in school in 2nd standard. I used to get very much fascinated by amazing make up wored by beautiful women. I was not able to differentiate between the eyeshadow, blusher and lipstic. I used to grab my Moms lipstic (of course when she was busy in her daily household work) and I used to think I have to apply lipstic with fingure and just smudge it on eyes thats how I used to apply eyeshadow and same way I just used to take lipstip on my fingure by rubbing little bit of lipstic on cheeks. I used to look like cute Joker. People use to laugh at me. I still have one of the photo and whoever sees it cant stop laughing at it. You can imagine the make done entirely with only lipstik (you can say 1 lipstick is eyeshadow + lipstic + blusher) hhahahahahah.........

My FaceBook Id is - Eli Dsouza
Twitter ID is - @ElittaaDsouza

Anonymous said...

When I first started out with make up, I was in I think middle school, I wore the THICKEST eyeliner on the top of my eye.. people always told me it looked like eyeshadow. I don't know what I was thinking. Also, I didn't really understand eyeshadow. I would wear this light neutral tone on my lids when I had on a darker shirt and when I had on a lighter shirt like pink, I'd wear this bright, frosty, glittery lilac color lol....

Facebook Name: Anika Hussain
Twitter Name: @aniiqz (Anika Hussain)

Anonymous said...

Mine was ohhh please Dont ask I have Done Myriads of them But the One that I cant Forget is happen to be the Worst One.. I was having a Party at School so In Excitement I got Up early and Started to Get ready All by Myself as I Love Doing Makeup and dont want Someone Else's Involvement .... I used my Mothers Base and used that More than Needed but the fact was I was getting ready in the Dark as my brother was sleeping in the room so I WAS USING A TORCH To get ready when I Saw my Face with the Torch aFter Putting The makeup it seemed fine to me So I got busy in putting on my dress and Jewellery and then i left the hOME with my driver I dont know why he didn tell me how am I Looking most Probably bEcause he was Shy to tell me and I Dont know why I didnt Gave a last Look at my face before getting out of the car probably because I was busy wearing my Bangles amd brushing my Hair !!! Thenas soon as I entered the School all Girls started staring Laughing and Whispering to eACH OTHER .. i FELT REAL strange but then thoughtam Looking soo good that they are Getting jealous and Passing comments... Then my friend came Over and She give a Louud Squeal and I was Like What has she gone mad or what am I Looking sooo Pretty ? Then She Took Me to a Near by mirror and showed me my face and to my Surprise my face was all full of foundation and it was overdone and I was Looking LIKE A gHOST !!!! haha and Moreover it was soo Stuck to my face that i tried to rub it off Vigurously to make it Look even but it was rigid and was not coming off while I was attempting all this other girls came over and started Laughing at me .... I felt Sooo That Moment that I rushed to the Office and Called my driver to PICK ME UP .... That was a Real bad day INDEED !! Now My MAKEUP sKILLS HAS finally Improved alot! :)

Name: Mehwish Adil
Email: sweet_smart_gal4@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My biggest makeup faux was at school age that time i dont know the importance of foundation in makeup and i apply a really light colour foundation that doesnt match with my complexion lolz and with really black eyes wearing kajal on it and i looked like a ADAM'S FAMILY CARTOON character.now i remember and laugh on me ..
FB = sana jawad

Anonymous said...

Facebook: MariaAlpha yaco
Twitter: @honeyphapie
Answer: Putting eye liner specially aound the waterline.

Unknown said...

i used too much pencil eye of a bad quality under my eyes and it all got under my eyes and i looked like an emo!
Facebook: Neveen Mohamed
twitter: @neveensaher

Unknown said...

when i was in school i put too much eye pencil under my eye of bad quality and it all got under my eye in about 5 mins and i looked like an emo !
twitter: @neveensaher
facebook: neveen mohamed

Anonymous said...

my biggest faux pas was waterproof mascara.i am a huge fan of mascara and ofcourse in school when you hear the word water proof i really expected it to be.so i had this habit of splashing cold water on my face at school and my mascara used to trinkle down my face and i used to find such a hard time taking it out.i now have the nick owl face and its so not cool:(

fb name:melody rodrigues
twitter:melo133

Anonymous said...

I always used to mess Up with Two Things Lipsticks and Makeup ... used to put Lipsticks More than needed and then They used to Spread all around my Lips whil I eat or Drink and I used to end up having a Clown Face ... With the Foundations too I used to Mess up by applying Toooo much as I used to think that the More I apply the more I will Look Beautiful !! I remember this real Funny Incident where we had a Function At Night in the School and I Put Soo Much foundation that One of the Lil Kid Saw me and started Shouting GHOST GHOST and Ran away ... I felt Sooo EmbaRASSED That Day!! :(

Name: Mehwish Adil
Email: sweet_smart_gal4@hotmail.com
Facebook Name: Mehwish Adil
Twitter Name: AMehwish

Anonymous said...

Once I saw these real cool colorful Markers with my Friend I thought them to be the Cosmetic Pencils Used on Eyes and Lips and i asked her if I can take them Home with me for one day and she agreed ... that day I was to attend a party at my cousins Place ... My MOTHER asked me to Get ready and gave me My Clothes and I quickly matched the colors with my Dress and Strted using them all over my face and Lips ... When My mother saw she screamed at Me and took me to the WASHROOM TO WASH THEM OFF but they were Soo Rigid they didnt come off . IN ANGER my mother Left me at Home with my Aunt and Left for the Party.. I felt terrified taht day but today when I remember this Incident it always brings a Smile to my Face that How innocent I WAS!! :)

name: Robina Tahir
Facebook Name: Robina Tahir
Email: robina42010@hotmail.com
Twitter Name: Robina

Anonymous said...

when i was in school in 6 th class i participated in fancy Dress competition,i had to perform beautiful girl role,i asked to my mother,plz give me your makeup box she gave me,after reached the school my trainer told me go and ready for show,i dont know anything abut makeup,but i just started painting makeup on my face and dark red lipstic on my lips,when my trainer saw me she started laughing with all children its very bad moment,but she is very nice lady she told me being a boy i know u cant do makeup,i ll do ur makeup,when my mom saw me in stage she told me ur a not boy ur my little princess.still in india i have my pics in girl role.:) :) Name - Kamal kumar (fb and twitter) email Kamal.Ramchandani921@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Done all steps
Fb - Sarita Ramchandani
Twitter - Sarita
Email - sarita.Ramchandani88@gmail.com
my biggest faux pas when i was 10 years old,on my uncle wedding all my family member was busy in Reception party,on room i got so many makeup kits,i was alone in room,also i confused wht should i apply :P i got foundation first,i taken too much and applied on my face,after then i applied maskara and kajal then face powder and dark brown lipstic,suddenly my Aunt came in room,tht time my hairs also so long when i turn out my aunt she scared too much and run away from room i was thinking wht happend to mom,after my mom came in room,and she washed my face,then i enjoyed marriage without makeup :( :)

Anonymous said...

I remember I used to Carry my Mother's Makeup to School With me all the Time Without her Knowing It !!! I was Not Properly Aware Of Where to Apply What neither Do my Friends .... Just Knwe About lipstick or Lipgloss Which my Mom used to PUT Everyday Or the Facepowder ..... I carried My Mom's Eyeliner that Day which I never saw her Putting Maybe cause she was Applying it Only Occassionally .... I THought it to Be a Lipstick, and Applied it All Over My Lips ... OMG the Way I looked and THe Girls Started Laughing AT ME tremendously ..... Haha this was the Height Of Innocence !

Name: Benish Adil
Email: benishadil@hotmail.com
Facebook Name : Benish Adil
Twitter Name: benishadil

Anonymous said...

I was a But Maniac When It Comes to Makeup While I was In School.... AND i was Finicky too that Nobody Should Interferre Or Stop me From Doing Anything WhatSo ever... So When My teacher Told me that tomorrow is a Party And you can all Come in Party Dress and With Some makeup on I went Berserk Hearing that ... MAKEUP woowwww that would be really Great but I didnt Hear or Notice the word Some.. Heheh ..... The Other Day In the Morning when I was getting ready my Mom came in and ask me if she can Help me and I said a BIG No as I wanted to Do it all by myself... I went on Putting Every single thing even Without Knowing What and Where .... :p .. There was this Hair color in the packaging Just Like A gloss and it was a very Intense Color and was thick .. I Put it On my Lips .. then I used the eyeliner Under my eyes and Made big Lines just under my waterLine ... Haha Didnt Know what am doing but at that time I was Enjoying it !!!! And when my mom saw it she went totally crazy :D

Name: Hira Rashid
Email: hiraadil1@yahoo.com
Facebook Name: Cuty Pie

Thanks

Anonymous said...

You Wont Believe me But i used to Put Kajal as Lipstick and I used to Love the Black Color On my Lips I DONt know why until i came to Know that it is actually Supposed to apply On Eyes and Not on Lips !!

Name: Iqra Adil
Email: iqraadil484@yahoo.com
Facebook Name: Iqra Adil

Dont have A twitter Account ........ Please Make me win !!! :)

Sarah Ameen said...

My biggest makeup faux was: during my school time I didn't know the importance of foundation and I would apply a completely different color than my complexion.. I would also apply a lip liner on top of my lips, way out of the lip borders

FB Name: Sarah Ameen
Twitter Name: SarahxAmeen

Anonymous said...

so exciting :p Sally Gray fb.com/Sally.Gray.125

Anonymous said...

My biggest makeup faux was I always pocket My mom's lipstick and wait until I got to the bathroom at school to put it on? And,I logged countless hours in front of the bathroom mirror experimenting with different colors and ways to draw on eyeliner until it hit on just the right combo.

FB name- Meenakshi singh
Twitter name- Meenakshi singh

Linda D said...

Haha.. to sum it up mildly...
MY MAKEUP FAILS aka ARGH!
my first trials with makeup was such a big joke
slathered on so much that would almost make me choke
unflattering shades of eye liners and blushes
and lipstick on teeth during those tuition time rushes
and those photos of my moody goth phase that i now despise
was seriously infested with them horrible racoon eyes
i seriously thought i was the lipliner master
but the lipstick mismatch was such an obvious disaster
and another look that definitely was not so divine
was foundation (so rubbed in) which stopped at the jawline
all of these unfortunate incidents rush to my mind first
how am i to pick ONLY ONE thats the worst? :)
***********************************************
Facebook name: Linda Daniel
Twitter: @thelindad
DONE DONE DONE DONE ANNNNNND DONE!

Anonymous said...

My biggest Faux paus in school when I put the wrong colour foundation and my face colour looked totally different from the rest of my body


Done all steps
Facebook name: Shilpa Jain
Twitter id: Shilpa4669

Sherraine said...

My biggest make-up faux paus in school was heavy foundation, concealer and powder which often lead to a chalky, caked-on appearance. Since the idea was to make my skin look better than it did without makeup.

Facebook name : Sherraine Nazareth Fernandes
Twitte name : Sherraine Nazareth

Anonymous said...

name:hira
fb name: hira shahid
twitter:hirashaz
hirashaz@gmail.com

actually i have a weird kinda inspiration to lip liners.in my early childhood i liked to use my colour pencils and u can imagine all the colours even black :p and nobody ever corrected me for tht lolz and the worst part is i thought only u have to line ur lips and no filling inside so i grew up to have this same thng in my mind. On my farewell day or some party at school i only made the outline of my lips considering and presenting myself in such a way tht nobody is more hipster than me :p lolz

Unknown said...

My makeup faux pas was highlighter always over done it and looked like a disco ball ;)
FB name: Sana Naeem
Twitter id: sananaeem30

Unknown said...

My makeup faux pas was highlighter always over done it and looked like a disco ball ;)
FB name: Sana Naeem
Twitter id: sananaeem30

Anonymous said...

I wont forget the first time I applied foundation.. it was 2 shades darker! Made everyone think I was tanned, or rather burnt! :P

Sarah Kiri H
Facebook: Sarah Kiri
Twitter: SarahKiri1
email: stardust_786@windowslive.com

Nida Moughal said...

I use to apply my mothers make up when I was in school. Once I applied her blush in no light and it turned out disaster.
Twitter @glittersmitter5
moughalnida@gmail.com
Facebook: Nida Moughal
GFC Nida Moughal

Ezzy said...

My biggest faux pas during my school days have to be applying eyeliner & making my eyes look like a raccoon! It had more of a goth look. It took me quite a while to perfect applying liquid eyeliner in thin precise line. But thank god, I have come far along the eyemakeup process!!

Facebook: Insiya Husain
Twitter: @InsiyaE
Email: itzme.insi(at)gmail.com

Honest reviews only said...

well... my biggest makeup faux was at school their was a party and i wanted to apply lip stick for the fist so i took one from my friend and i applied it i remember it was brown but i applied it way too much to make my lips look more big so it ended up making me look like a monster heheheh schools days can't forget them.

Anonymous said...

My Daughter's Biggest Makeup Faux Pas was to aske me to Help her instead of her Mommy as she was Angry ON her Mommy for Not Letting Her buy this Particular Accessory She saw at A Shop so she was Not talking to her Mum so she asked me to help her Doing her Makeup and It was One BIG Mess!! Hahah u can Imagine it yourself How it turned out to Be ! Really wanna win these Goodies for My wife ....

Name: Adil Rashid
Email: adilnr@yahoo.com
Facebook Name: Adil Rashid
Twitter Name: AdilAdilnr1

Naomi Rebello said...

Wearing lip liner darker than the lipstick shade !


Facebook Name: Naomi Rebello

Unknown said...

My biggest makeup faux pas was when I used to use a kohl liner to line my eyes and I never knew that we could actually do the upper line,always did the lower lash line only but thank god that only lasted for a year or so.

Hina Akhtar
Facebook : Hina Yousuf
Twitter: @simply_Adreamer
Email ID : hinayousuf93@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

When you were in school, what was your biggest make-up faux pas?
I used to apply my mother's mascara on my eyebrows.

FB: /queentrupti
Twitter: @trupzi

Nida Moughal said...

Thanks a lot Neelofar.

Post a Comment