The Limited Edition Batman Accessory

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm a huge comic books fan and even a bigger fan of Batman. I don't like any of the other superheroes from DC Comics or Marvel Comics the way I like  love Batman. This passion stems from the fact that I grew up watching Batman cartoons, the TV series and religiously reading the comic books.

Image credit: Dale Thompson
I have to thank my younger brother though- he was the one who'd stayed glued to the TV series and got me hooked on to it. We were obsessed with Batman...so much that we used to sing "nananananana Batmaaaan" and run around the house with bedsheets wrapped around our necks (that was a cape to us). We also managed to re-create Batman's mask by using our hands stuck to our faces (Batman fans will know this).

Fast forward to today and I'm still a die-hard fan of the caped crusader (so is my bro). So it goes without saying that I have a few customized Batman accessories including post-it-notes (that I made!) and also 2 original Batman figurines. I would like more. A fan can never have enough, right?

The latest installment in the Batman series and the final chapter from director Christopher Nolan is 'Batman: The Dark Knight Rises'. I've been following the releases closely in terms of 'first look' at images from the movie, sketches and the trailers. All of this looks amazing and I can hardly wait for the movie to hit the big screen. And on that note, let me tell you what I discovered last week-

A Nokia x Batman special edition mobile phone. Don't you just love Nokia now?

Nokia Lumia 800 Batman Edition

Wait, it gets better. The phone, a Nokia Lumia 800 looks like a prop that would be used in the Batman movies. It comes in a black casing with the ever so recognizable Batman logo carved in by laser. And the best part of this? Only 40 of them have been manufactured which makes it a limited edition phone- so good luck finding one, I'm pretty sure they're sold out. The model was available for purchase ever since Dec 2011 and I find out about this now- pathetic. I doubt this edition is available in this region because the local Nokia website has no data on this.

I shall leave you with these images (all from Pocket-Lint.com; I am jealous of the reviewer who got his hands on it). If anyone wants to know- my birthday is not anytime soon but I am accepting gifts *cough* this specific phone model *cough.

They put in effort for a special box
That would be the 15th piece out of the 40 that have been manufactured
How sleek is this? That's the actual phone and not the cover/case
Why did Nokia have to release only 40 of these?
I do not care about the features. I just want this phone because it's Batman!
Khaled said...

So cool !!

Sulaiman said...

run around the house with bedsheets wrapped around our necks (that was a cape to us). We also managed to re-create Batman's mask by using our hands stuck to our faces (Batman fans will know this).

hahaha No one will ever forget this act...memories! :D

Sulaiman said...

run around the house with bedsheets wrapped around our necks (that was a cape to us). We also managed to re-create Batman's mask by using our hands stuck to our faces (Batman fans will know this).

hahahaha no one will ever forget this...Memories! :D

Post a Comment