Review: Davines Replenishing Hair & Body After Sun Wash

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer is the time when the sun decides to mess up hairstyles, no matter what. Brands left, right and center release their editions of sunscreens, anti-sun sprays, tanning lotions and similar. And we rush to the salons for that treatment which promises to soothe each hair strand so that we don't look like we have a bird's nest perched on our heads.

I don't have the luxury of time always and hence, I rely on the hair care products like hair serums or home-made hair masks like this and this to nourish and moisturize my hair.

I've heard quite a lot about Davines and this is the first time I try them. I got my hands on the Davines SU Replenishing Hair & Body After Sun Wash.


Considering I don't have glorious locks, something that states 'replenishing' or 'nourishing/conditioning' is a bonus but hey, almost every hair care product claims that. So, how do I know it is effective? When I see or feel the difference in the first try; I saw it with this particular Davines shampoo. You might think I have high expectations if I'm looking for a difference so quickly but I kid you not- there are products for both skin and hair I have that deliver what they claim in the first go.


The Davines Replenishing Hair & Body After Sun Wash is part of the Sun Care range. The Wash was designed to infuse life into hair after it has been exposed to the sun (the sun has similar damaging properties on the hair as it does on the skin). It has a pleasant fragrance and among other ingredients, is packed with apricot oil that has moisturizing properties. The consistency is that of shampoos.

I don't spend hours in the sun so I used this as I would a regular shampoo. I usually apply a leave-in-conditioner or hair oil like Kerastase' Elixir Ultime or Redken's All Soft Argan Oil after washing my hair but this time around I didn't because I made a beeline to my room to watch Bayern vs. Dortmund.


Post the game, I had a look at my hair and I noticed two things- it was soft to touch and I mean soft(!) and it had a little shine too! I was sooooo happy- in fact, at first I thought I ended up with a few white hair strands (I was ready to yank them) but realized it was the light bouncing off my hair hence the shine. I kept touching and looking at my hair because I was taken aback. I wasn't expecting results so quick and I certainly wasn't expecting that shine (not like the shine on models's hair in the ads but enough to make me happy).

I haven't used this as a body wash yet, I think I'll reserve it for the hair. Davines states that this product protects hair from dehydration and is suitable for all hair types that is exposed to sun, sea salt and chlorine.

If you plan to soak up the sun this summer or spend time swimming, you might want to try this.

Davines is available at selected salons across the UAE and other GCC countries.

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.


Nida Moughal said...

I might check it out.

Post a Comment