Review: Bourjois Color Boost Lipstick

Saturday, July 20, 2013

With summer in full swing, several people reach out for lip balms or chapsticks that give a hint of color to the lips. The Bourjois Color Boost Lipstick, available in four shades is your perfect alternative. This is my first lip crayon and I really love it. I was under the assumption that it would turn out to be like any other lipstick but I stand corrected.


I found the Color Boost Lipstick to be long-lasting, smooth and a non-sticky lip color. It glides on the lips effortlessly whilst creating an incredible glaze. It has moisturizing properties and keeps lips protected with SPF 15 (hurray!).


The 02 Fuschia Libre is a vibrant pink with blue undertones. The lipstick is pigmented and you don't have to re-apply every now and then. A slight tissue wipe leaves the lips with a translucent stain.


The first swipe creates a sheer/natural looking pink color on the lips. I love this look. A second layer boosts the pink to deliver a vivid coat of color.


I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses but I really like the Color Boost Lipstick for its finish (it's so lightweight it feels like the gloss is made out of water vs. the standard glosses) and the fact that it leaves a natural looking lip stain.

I compared this to Bourjois' Shine Edition Lipstick in terms of the finish. The top swatch is the Shine Edition color and bottom is Color Boost.


As you would expect, the Shine Edition delivers a creamy finish whereas the Color Boost creates a softer finish.

Which one do you like?

Bourjois Color Boost Lipsticks are available  across stores in the UAE.

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Aseya said...

I like chubby pencils like these because they are super easy to apply!

Post a Comment