Rimmel's Beauty Launch

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rimmel is a brand that is close to my heart. Circa 2001, I was gifted a Rimmel box as a thank you for helping out a friend with a mammoth task. As I unwrapped the gift, my face lit up like a light bulb (I mean, it's pretty things in a box after all!). I saw 4 makeup products: an eyeliner, a lip liner, a lipstick and a mascara (I can't believe I still remember that!); that was the first time I used Rimmel. Ever since then, the brand has evolved and offers a variety of beautifying products every season.

Rimmel recently hosted an event to showcase the launch of products that are apt for the summer. From the new Moisture Renew Lipstick to the Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves mascara- the brand has you covered for this season. Did you know Rita Ora is the new face of the brand? 

I love Rimmel especially their matte lipsticks and I discovered another favorite of mine this time around- their new cream blush! I'm giving you the low-down on 3 fun products. 

rimmel stay blushed scandal eye rockin curves mascara kate moss matte lipstick lasting finish review

Stay Blushed is my favorite out of the bunch. Although Rimmel calls it a liquid cheek tint, it is more of a cream blush in terms of consistency. Stay Blushed in 001 Pop Of Pink is a lovely matte pink that will suit all complexions. 

rimmel stay blushed 001 pop of pink liquid cheek stain blush review

The product comes in a tube, is light-weight and blends effortlessly without leaving any streaks. You require a small amount and the color is buildable. The swatch below displays the true color, see the blended version on the right of the swatch. 

rimmel stay blushed 001 pop of pink liquid cheek stain blush review swatch

Stay Blushed leaves a natural looking tint on the cheeks and stays put for over 6 hours- you don't need to re-apply. It comes off easily with a makeup remover or a cleanser, which means you don't have to keep rubbing your cheeks. It has a fresh as cucumber fragrance (at least that's what I feel). I love this blush! Stay Blushed is available in 5 different colors.

The Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss is a moisturizing lip color. Unlike other matte finishes, this lipstick gives a subtle sheen to the lips and doesn't dry out after a few hours.

rimmel lasting finish lipstick coral kate moss review

This color in particular is a sheer coral and since coral lips are going to be all the rage this summer, you better pick this one up!

The final product is the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves mascara. See the mascara brush? It's been specifically designed to coat each lash and even reach the smallest ones. For me, the mascara gives more of a natural look and provides longer looking lashes as opposed to volume.

rimmel stay blushed scandal eye rockin curves mascara kate moss matte lipstick lasting finish review

The Rimmel Stay Blushed, Lasting Finish Matte lipstick and Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves mascara are now available in Boots, Lifestyle and Carrefour in the UAE.

Have you tried any of these? How about Stay Blushed?

Nida Moughal said...

I love that coral lipstick.

Post a Comment