Review: Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

If you read my blog often, you'll realize I often talk about those pesky dry patches of skin that appear out of the blue on my face (and body at times). When that happens, I want to get hold of an exfoliator and scrub the heck out of those dry patches. These patches peek through make-up and nobody wants that!

At times, I apply a thin layer of honey and mashed banana on my face to get rid of the dryness. But when I'm too lazy to walk into the kitchen, I use Dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Masque.


Formulated to lock in moisture for hours, this hydrating face mask is not your ordinary mask. It continues working long after you have washed it off because of the selection of ingredients.

Apart from tomato seed and green algae, the mask contains Hyaluronic Acid which is responsible for keeping skin hydrated. This is a key ingredient and regularly used by a plethora of skincare brands especially when it comes to their anti-ageing range of products. Hyaluronic Acid helps keep skin smooth and defends against skin ageing factors.


The consistency of the mask is quite light (as opposed to the usual thicker consistency) and does not have any fragrance. I apply a thin layer and wait for about 5 minutes or so before washing it off. Before I apply the mask, I use a gentle exfoliator so that the mask penetrates the skin easily and the effects are of optimal nature.


The mask does what it claims- it keeps my skin hydrated (goodbye, dry patches) and softens it to some extent. It also imparts a subtle glow. Whilst I use this after exfoliating my face, you can skip this step. I've tried it once and achieved similar results.

The Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque is handy when your skin needs that instant moisture boost. And now that winter has officially arrived in the country (to play havoc on everyone's skin), this product will be your best friend.

Dermalogica is available at selected stores across the UAE.

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Nida Moughal said...

Great review I think I need one for myslef.

Post a Comment