The Food Byte: Rice Creamery

Thursday, November 21, 2013

If you, like me have a sweet tooth and aren't afraid to use it, then keep reading about a fab new desserts place I discovered.

I'm a huge fan of rice pudding Mhalabiya. Mum makes it on and off during Ramadan and after breaking my fast, I take a bowl of Mhalabiya and eat every single bit.On Eid, she creates a flavored version of the dessert- Chocolate Mhalabiya!

So, imagine how delighted I was when I discovered Rice Creamery, a little gem tucked away at City Walk Mall, Jumeirah, Dubai.



This meant I didn't have to wait until Ramadan or Eid to chow down Mhalabiya! After waiting for months and months, post being teased with amazing images on their Instagram account, Rice Creamery finally opened its doors to the public.


Rice Creamery not only specializes in rice pudding but offers a plethora of flavors and toppings to go with it. Think flavors such as chocolate, red velvet, coconut, orange blossom, peanut butter, nutella, tiramisu and more. Toppings include pistachio, nuts, crunchy flakes, marshmallows etc.


After sampling all flavors and having difficulty making up my mind, I chose the Orange Blossom Rice Pudding topped with raisins while my friend went for the Red Velvet. While the Chocolate Pudding had my name written on it and the Coconut version reminded me of Coconut Truffles, I decided to take the plunge and try something different.


The pudding was amazing! It was fresh, creamy and so delicious. You get the option of choosing the serving of your choice- small, medium and large. When it comes to price point, it is quite reasonable. I paid AED 15 for medium.


The owners of Rice Creamery have done an amazing job with the interior- I loved the vintage look and feel. A note though- not all flavors mentioned on their menu are available BUT they will be soon.


If you are a fan of rice puddings, or want to try a new dessert, head to Rice Creamery today! I know I'll be making several stops there this month and the next and the nex....




Rice Creamery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Derrick Pereira said...

Must. try. this.

Nida Moughal said...

OMG I must try it on my next visit to Dubai!

Noura A said...

I went there yesterday!!!!!! So yummy!!!

Post a Comment