A Bourjois-ful Summer

Monday, May 19, 2014

I love how Bourjois launches pretty shades every now and then. I particularly love the little round pots that house their blushes. A pop of color on the cheek is gorgeous. Blushes aside, a handful of Bourjois goodies landed on my desk.

First up, are the So Laque Glossy and the 1 Seconde nail polishes. The So Laque Glossy in 09 Ciel Mon Vernis is part of the Spring 2014 collection. It's such a beautiful pastel blue.


I usually prefer darker colors on my nails but this color has won me over. It takes about 2 shades to get an opaque coverage.


The polish stayed on for 5 days straight before I noticed slight chipping. Other than that, I totally love this color and the glossy finish it delivers. My new favorite when it comes to pastel polishes!


The next one is something almost every girl loves. Gold and glitter! The Bourjois 1 Seconde polishes have a special gel texture along with a fan brush that allows easy application.


This shade known as 42 Oh My Gold, went on like a dream. I applied this over a dark base so the gold would pop.

Bourjois launched a new fragrance to add to their Glamour range (read my review on the other fragrance here). Aptly named Lovely, this is a fruity floral fragrance that boasts of apples and black currants fused with Turkish rose, jasmine, amber and musk among other ingredients.


When you spray it on, it immediately dispenses a fruity fragrance but allow it to settle, and you will sense the jasmine and musk coming alive.

The final product is the latest offering from the brand, the Volume Seconde Mascara that promises to deliver length and volume to the lashes.


The mascara comes in a waterproof version as well and includes carnauba, bee's wax and jojoba to keep the lashes moisturized.


The mascara has a special brush that coats the lashes and combs/fans them out thereby giving you the best outcome. On my lashes, this mascara is more about length than volume. It didn't flake (hurray!) or smudge. It's great to use during the day or at work.

So, these are latest gems from Bourjois. Have you tried any of these?

Bourjois is available at select stores across the UAE.

*The product(s) was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Post a Comment