Review: Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain Fragrance

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm late to the Diptyque game. Being a fragrance enthusiast (read: addict), I'm surprised it's taken me so long to discover the world of Diptyque. While I've always heard a thing or two about their incredibly amazing candles and skincare products, I never quite ventured into the store.

So when a Diptyque fragrance arrived home, I thought of it as another Parisian fragrance but I stand corrected. It's quite a unique one and something that is a far cry from the ones I own.



The 34 Boulevard Saint Germain EDT is a woody, zesty, floral fragrance that is encased in a heavy glass bottle with a magnetic black cover.

The first spritz of the fragrance is intense, you are instantly enveloped in the top notes of blackcurrants, pink peppercorn, cinnamon and other spices. Give it a few seconds and the heart notes come alive- a light floral combination of rose and iris. The dry down features a pleasant woody finish- I do smell a little musk and mint.


The bold fragrance is long lasting and I love the way it develops once it hits the dry down phase. It's an evening fragrance and is slightly on the masculine side of things hence, it may appeal to a certain segment of fragrance lovers.

Because I do prefer woody scents, the first spritz made me fall in love with the fragrance. It can get a little overwhelming at first but eventually, it settles and ends up being a wonderful fragrance. This being my first from Diptyque, the 34 Boulevard Saint Germain doesn't disappoint.

The Diptyque boutique is located in Dubai Mall in addition to Bloomingdale's, Harvey Nics, Areej Abu Dhabi Marina Mall and Ajman City Centre.

Post a Comment