The Glam Kit: Laura Mercier Spring/Summer '15 Collection

Monday, May 11, 2015

Do you get all excited when a new season arrives and along with it brings the latest in beauty? There's one word to describe Laura Mercier's Spring/Summer '15 collection: gorgeous.

There's nothing like an extraordinary highlighter or lipsticks that deposit brilliant color in one swipe. In essence, the collection is perfect for spring/summer and there are 2 products in particular that have grabbed my attention.



Let's start with the Face Illuminator. I have a thing for highlighters and strictly a few make it to my favorites list. A highlighter truly seals the deal when you apply the finishing touches to your makeup.

This particular highlighter is glorious and is adaptable to every complexion known to man. It looks like waves of silk in the pan and goes on effortless on the high points of the face.


For fairer complexions, you will definitely notice a beautiful almost transparent radiance. For darker complexions, this tends to lend a golden tinge. Either way, it looks absolutely amazing. It stayed put on me for 4-5 hours straight. You can choose to wear it on its own or over blush- I prefer the latter. It's my favorite product from the collection.

Next up is the limited edition Watercolor Mist Eye and Cheek palette. Anything limited catches my eye; I had high expectations from this palette. The colors looked absolutely gorgeous especially Purple Rain, a muted purple and Wind, a subtle lavender- both matte.


Unfortunately, the shades appear different on the eyelid i.e. much more sheer and packing on the product doesn't help much. Some of the shades also tend to disappear into the skin once applied. The blushes are chalky as well.

I'm not really sure what went wrong but it was the same case with my cousin (we don't have oily eyelids or problematic skin for the shades not to show up). A bit disappointing, but let's move on to the next one, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

The Creme Smooth Lip Colors are beautiful! Anyone who knows me, is aware of the fact that I'm an ardent matte lipstick girl but these were worth giving a shot.


The shades featured here (from top to bottom) are Dry Rose, Biscotti and Lychee Parfait and the color payoff is excellent. My favorite is Dry Rose.

I have long been a sucker for rose colored lip shades and if they are blended with a bit of beige, it makes the perfect color (for me). Here's one light swipe of Dry Rose.


The lipsticks will stay on for as long as you don't eat or drink anything. Biscotti is a nude that will work more with lighter complexions.

While the Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colors appear in the form of a lip gloss tube, they are quite opaque and pretty much have the consistency of lip gloss combined with lipstick.


The final product is the Extra Lash Sculpting Mascara. The brush reminds me of a particular brand's best selling mascara. This one from Laura Mercier coats each lash and fans them out to deliver a natural finish. Load your lashes with 3 coats and you have gorgeous looking eyes. 


Overall, the Face Illuminator and the Creme Smooth Lip Color in Dry Rose are my favorites. The  collection is the perfect glam-me-up kit (save for the palette); also makes an ideal gift.

Have you tried any of these? Do you have a favorite?

The Laura Mercier SS'15 makeup collection is now available at Areej stores across the UAE.

*The product(s) was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Post a Comment