How To: Leopard Print

Monday, March 19, 2012

When the leopard print first hit the catwalk, I told my friend I would never wear it. A few years later, it became my favorite print. I've got leopard print tops, shoes, handbags, belts, accessories etc. A little obsessed? I even bought leopard print nail strips!

But what I don't have is a leopard print coat or jacket. I feel it's too much of a print when it comes to such items of clothing. I mean, a coat/ jacket/ skirt with a full blown leopard print is waaaay too much. But there are people who have pulled it off and it looks great! The idea is to keep the print as the center of attraction. So this means, no gaudy colors or additional prints in your final look.
Also, look at how you can wear neons.

Image credits: Harper's Bazaar

If you are a beginner when it comes to this print or don't like too much of it, start off with a scarf or shoes. Something minimal should help you get over the fear of this print.

Image credits:Random sites

And here's a little fun DIY project. If you don't want to get your nails minxed to a leopard print or don't have the time to get nail strips- do this simple nail design in the luxury of your home. You'll need a yellow nail polish, a darker one- perhaps a brown or pastel orange like shown below and a black nailpolish or an eyeliner that can serve the same purpose. Don't forget to seal the design (once dried) with a clear top coat to lock it all in.

Image credit: Stickers and Donut

Post a Comment