Review: Dermalogica Sheer Tint

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I used my first Dermalogica product about a few years ago. I still remember like it was yesterday- I bought a Clean Start kit that included travel size products of basic skincare along with an acne gel solution. I liked everything in the kit. The acne gel solution known as Bedtime For Breakouts became my favorite and I use it on and off till date (more on that later).

So anyway- when I got my hands on Dermalogica's latest, I was ready to be impressed (and I was!). The Sheer Tint SPF 20 is an amazing amazing beauty packed in a tube.


It's a tinted moisturizer that's available in 3 shades and is completely light weight  i.e. it won't clog up the pores so your skin can breathe and upon application, creates an even finish. For me, products that have an in-built sunscreen is like a huge bonus and the Sheet Tint has a SPF of 20 (UVA and UVB protection- double bonus!). And here's an added bonus- the tint actively treats your skin, not just covers imperfections.


 When reading the ingredients list, I found out it has walnut seed extract that helps improve skin texture while infusing it with moisture. It also has lavender oil known for it's calming properties, olive fruit extract known for keeping skin damage at bay and lactic acid (derivative of milk) which increases the skin's level of hydration. AND it has something called Hyaluronic acid i.e. it is responsible for keeping your skin firm and supple (that is the most basic way I can explain what Hyaluronic acid is; the acid is related to the collagen structure of your skin). The consistency of the tint is almost a combination of lotion and cream.

When I applied it, I noticed a dewy finish- which I love. I have normal to dry skin so the dewy finish most certainly does not look oily- it's like a nice glow.

On the left is the cream direct from the tube and on the right is the slightly blended version (see the dewy/glowy effect?)
Disappears right into your skin :)

Apart from the SPF factor, what I love is the fragrance. It's so fresh! It's almost like someone went into a garden of freshly cut grass and captured the real essence of nature in a tube. The product however, is free of artificial fragrance or color. 

I have been using this for a couple of days now and it's become a regular in my skincare regime. This multi-functional product gets my seal of approval. If you are looking for a change in your moisturizer and wouldn't mind being protected from sun damage among other things, I recommend your try the Sheer Tint.
Remember to test the product on your skin prior to purchasing.

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Latifah said...

i love ur pics and reviews <3. plz can you tell me if this can be using on sensitive skin ??

Neelofer said...

Hi- thank you! Yes, you can use it on sensitive skin.

Post a Comment