Where At Can I Find The Best Macaroons?

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Image credit: DatzTampa

I have a sweet tooth and I'm not afraid to use it. I'm very much a desserts person...in the restaurants when handed the menu, I flip over to the desserts section. I do it all the time. Once I got my friend to come all the way from another city to Dubai just so we could have this amazing Indian dessert called Ras Malai (at Sukh Sagar Restaurant, JBR).

So all this talk about dessert brings me to the topic of macaroons (or macarons, whichever way you want to spell it)! It's the next big fad thing after those cupcakes. Frankly speaking, I'm not really a fan of cupcakes that have dollops and dollops of colorful icing. I'm on a quest to find out a place (or places) that have good macaroons. So far, I've tried macaroons from three places:

1) Galeries Lafayette Gourmet
2) Pascal Tepper
3) Pink Camel

Out of all these, Galeries Lafayette Gourmet stood out. Maybe because the shopping store is my favorite? On a serious note, I found the macaroons there to be really good. They are almost perfect- crunchy from the outside, soft from the inside and the goodness that's between. You'll argue that all macaroons are to be that way, but you'll notice the difference when you try it. I had the chocolate macaroon (chocolate- no surprise here). While at Pascal Tepper, I shared a mega chocolate macaroon which was the size of my palm. It was alright...nothing great. Pink Camel macaroons were a close second to the ones from Galeries.

So guys, where do you get your macaroons from?
Tamara said...

Lauduree :-)

Anonymous said...

Try french bakery

Clara said...

You must try Fauchon, Dubai Mall. They are splendid.

Post a Comment