Review: Mikyajy Jetsetter Makeup Palette

Friday, August 24, 2012

I said it before and I'll say it again- Mikyajy is the most colorful makeup brand I've come across. It's quite apt for the region's women who love vibrant colors. So when Mikyajy sent their latest called  Jetsetter, I was amused. This wasn't your standard makeup set.



This set was probably designed keeping in mind girls on the move. Jetsetter features 5 detachable makeup palettes. Yes, you don't need to carry the entire set with you. Just separate your favorite one, put it in the case provided and into your handbag. You can touch up whenever, wherever.


Each of the 5 palettes consists of 6 eye shadows, 4 glossy lip colors, 1 matte blush, a mini eye shadow brush and a lipstick brush.

 What I liked about Jetsetter is that each eye shadow set has corresponding lip and blush colors. Look at this palette set for instance.


This is your smokey eye palette- the white for highlighting your inner corner of the eyes and brow bone, the silver for the middle of the lid and the black for outer corners and blending. There's also a variant of blue shadows for a blue smokey eye. When you have this kind of eye makeup, the rest of the face should be understated- so this palette offers that. The lip colors are nude to light pink (although they look darker in this  palette, once you apply them they are actually sheer). The blush as well is a baby pink. So there, you have it! Your own makeup guide in each palette and you didn't even have to ask anyone.

Here's my favorite palette. I love purples, lilacs and violets. Combine this with the above to give you a violet to black smokey eye (I'm sure by now you can tell that smokey eye is one of my favorite looks). 


Jetsetter consists of bright colors which can be used all year round. And the fact that you can take your favorite palette with you is a bonus.


So what's your favorite color palette?

Nida Moughal said...

OMG! I so want it in my life.. Neelofar I hate it that I cant get MIkyajy's products in my country.. I swear its the most trendy and girly makeup brand. I will try my level best to get my hands on Jetsetter!
http://glittersmitter5.blogspot.com/

Neelofer said...

I know how it feels when you can't get your hands on a brand or when a product is discontinued. If you have anyone coming to UAE/KSA (or other GCC countries), you can ask them to get a set for you. Plus, Mikyajy have offers every now and then- so you will probably end up with more than what you expect :)

Latifah said...

i love mikyajy !!!!!! i have their pencils and 22k lipstick :-)

Amena Haddad said...

waaoooowww I love all the eye shades. My fav is green and orange one. So pretty. How much this is for ?

Neelofer said...

Hi. Jetsetter retails at 179 SAR / AED / QTR

Post a Comment