Review: Dermalogica Cover Tint

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Remember my review on Dermalogica's Sheer Tint? If you want something that provides a little more coverage then perhaps you should consider the Cover Tint.


It is a cream based foundation with SPF 20 and is available in 3 shades. I've said it before and I'll say it again- skincare and makeup products with in-built sunscreen is a huge bonus for me because it eliminates that extra step of applying  sunscreen.

The foundation blends well into the skin and provides a medium to full coverage without leaving a cakey finish. One of the key ingredients is Ginseng extract which regenerates and tones the skin.


Because I have normal-to-dry skin, I apply either a moisturizer or a moisturizing serum and then follow with the foundation else creamy foundations tend to latch on to the dry patches of my skin. I can vouch for the staying power- it lasted up to 8 hours without fading. The finish of it, unlike the Sheer Tint is almost matte. It has no artificial fragrance or colors. I also noticed that there is no shiny T-zone by mid-day; in other words, the finish that you get in the morning stays put until you remove it.

The foundation also brightens the face (very subtle, though) and has marine extracts. Marine based extracts are not only rich in vitamins and minerals but also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Additionally, they lock in moisture and as a result tend to keep the skin hydrated for long periods of time. It's perfect for my skin as I tend to experience minor dryness  during the winter season.

Cover Tint swatch
Blended version is right next to the Cover Tint

I also asked my mom to try it and she had it on for about 4 hours or so while she ran a few errands. After she returned, she told me, "Kept my face looking quite fresh and bright. I like it". Yay!

I always knew Dermalogica provided skin solutions but had no idea they had foundations too.  Overall, this foundation sits with my other skin-care and cosmetics i.e. it has my seal of approval and I love the fact that it is a multi-functional product that cares for the skin.


bakimblog said...

hi;
do you think shade " medium" is proper for nc35-40 skin?

Thank you :)

Neelofer said...

Hi. I think a 'Medium' shade is a tad bit darker. If you are going for the tanned effect, then Medium will be fine. I suggest you check it out at Dermalogica stores prior to purchasing :)

Post a Comment