Review: Bourjois Color Boost Plum Russian

Monday, December 23, 2013

Sometime ago when I reviewed the Bourjois Color Boost lip crayon, I wondered if the brand would extend the range by adding more colors. I really liked the lip crayon and the water like glossy effect it had on the lips.

The Color Edition 24H Collection answered my question. This is Bourjois latest for Christmas and one that showcases eyeshadows in metallic finish, 2 new nail polish shades and 2 new colors within the Color Boost range (hurray!).


The Bourjois Color Boost in Plum Russian is a bold lip color. A deep plum that fits right in with the winter beauty trends. With vampy/berry lips being all the rage, this lip crayon will be your trusty sidekick.


If you read my previous Color Boost review, you will know that this product delivers an absolutely brilliant finish. One coat deposits enough color on the lips. However, if you are to use this in the evening I feel this color in particular, is best used in multiple layers.


The shade looks absolutely gorgeous when you build it up. The deep plum shines through and you can never go wrong with this. The color looks beautiful because of the water-like glossy finish.

It literally feels like there's colored water on your lips and I was sold because of this feature. This is not your ordinary lip gloss (give it a try, and you'll realize what I'm talking about). It, however, does not survive a meal or drink completely (as it is with any other lip crayon/gloss) so you will need to carry it around with you. I prefer matte lipsticks more  however, the Color Boost lip crayons are an exception I'm ready to make when it comes to a glossy pout.

While I love both of these (read the Fuschia Libre review here), the Plum Russian has become a new favorite. This color is like the sister of the powerful red lipstick. Both exude confidence and a don't-mess-with-me attitude.


The Bourjois Color Edition 24 Hours Collection is now available at select stores in the UAE.

Are you a fan of this color? Have you tried the others from the range?

*The product(s) was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Post a Comment