Review: Sally Hansen Go Baroque Collection

Sunday, December 22, 2013

I don't think us polish geeks (I refuse to use the term 'addict') will quit buying polishes. Even if it means the storage case at home cracks and eventually breaks apart. No. We love our polishes even if it means having 6 versions of the same color ("But it's a deep teal, not just teal!").

Having said that, let me introduce you to Sally Hansen's latest: the Baroque Collection. Featuring rich reds to shimmering silvers, this collection features 6 gorgeous colors.


The polishes are glossy on their own, I did not apply a top coat. I'm a fan of dark colors, so let's start with that.

Belle Of The Ball is a deep red. Do you remember the time when oxblood was featured on almost every runway in the form of clothing accessories and more? This polish would be a perfect fit for that trend.


What you see here is one coat of the polish. Belle Of The Ball has subtle shimmer and it highlights the color even more beautifully when light hits the nails.

The next is a contrast. Of Cors-et is a shimmering silver grey. It is a beautiful color; unlike Belle Of The Ball, this color is quite sheer. The below is the product of 2-3 coats.


Although the color does not scream 'look at my nails', this will be appreciated by girls who are into subtle hues. This reminded me of the London sky.

So-nata Problem is a gorgeous midnight blue. One coat gave me a sheer blue color while the second coat reflected the true color in the bottle.


A third coat makes the color look almost black, so unless you are a fan of that color, you might want to stick to 2 coats. This color, for some reason reminded me of Scotland (I have no idea why!).

Star Powder is white with subtle shimmer. I would say Of Cors-et and Star Powder are part of the same family. The first coat is sheer- it does not quite display the color. A third coat did the job.


I used this to create my own nail art on Dec 2 (UAE's National Day). This made an appearance on my Instagram.


Don't be put off by the color. It's white but it's not flat. It has subtle shimmer, enough to make someone go, "That's a nice color you got there".

Out of the colors, Belle Of The Ball and So-nata Problem are my favorites. All 4 polishes went on smoothly without any bubbles or streaking (hurray!).


The collection also features Aria-Ready, a vibrant red and Starcrossed, a sheer gold glitter.

The Sally Hansen Baroque Collection is now available at select stores in the UAE.

Do you have a favorite color? Have you already tried this collection? Tell me about it in the comments section below.

*The product(s) was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Post a Comment