Review: The White Room Spa, Dubai

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In a place like Dubai, where you have a social event every other day, salons are known for their blow dries, mani/pedi services and hair color (in that particular order). When I compliment my friends about their hair, I realize the culprit is a good blow dry.

It's rare that you get to pay a flat fee for blow dries. 90% of the salons charge you based on the length of your hair and half of them don't even do a good job. I've only found one place in Dubai that actually does do good blow dries and charges a flat fee no matter what your hair length is (Marquee, brainchild of the famous Nail Spa). The other day though, I discovered another place and it's become a favorite- The White Room Spa.


Let me get straight to the point- they charge AED 65 for any kind of blow dry hairstyles regardless of the hair length. This is one of those moments where you read that sentence again and book an appointment. I appreciate salons that are stepping up their game in this territory.

The White Room Spa is a beauty salon conveniently located in 3 different locations: Marina Plaza (next to Dubai Marina Mall), Al Seef Tower 3 in Jumeirah Lake Towers and Motor City.


I visited the Marina Mall branch and the service was quite satisfactory. The hair wash was a breeze and the blow dry was amazing.  My hair usually doesn't hold a curl for long despite hair sprays so it was a pleasant surprise when I reached home (after an outdoor dinner) 3 hours later and found the hairstyle to be 50% intact.

I loved the fact that I showed the hairstylist a picture of the curls I was aiming for and she delivered on it wonderfully. The staff are quite attentive and friendly.

I'll be visiting The White Room Spa again for a manicure and most likely a blow dry. Paying a mere AED 65 for the latter seems like a bargain that's too good to be missed! Thank you guys for coming up with this.

Try it out for yourself. Connect with them on their Facebook page or website to book an appointment.

Post a Comment