The Food Byte: Cinco De Mayo at Rosa Mexicano, Dubai

Saturday, May 9, 2015

I visited Rosa Mexicano last year and the first thing that my friends and I ordered was the Guacamole with tortilla chips and salsa. We went on to order other items off the menu but the appetizer turned out to be everyone's favorite. I did visit it again and surely the Guacamole made its way to our table.

Fast forward to 2015. I was invited to be part of the Cinco de Mayo celebrations at the Rosa Mexicano restaurant at Dubai Mall.  I hopped and skipped my way to the venue (I was thinking about the Guacamole) and was welcomed by mariachis and a true Mexican vibe. 


Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in honor of The Battle of Puebla, where Mexican soldiers defeated Napolean's army. To memorialize this victory, Rosa Mexicano launched a special menu featuring a handful of Mexican dishes that will tantalize your taste buds. From the Chicken Empenadas to the Shrimp Enchilads, it was an evening of gastronomic adventures.

The famous Guacamole was prepared live and the dip served with tortilla chips tasted exactly how it did when I first tried it- delicious. We all had that "can't stop eating this" moment. This is the reason why you will fall in love with avocados. 


To wash it all down, I had the Exotic Mai Tai. I usually stay safe with orange juice but this time I decided to go with a blend of lime, almond, pineapple and orange. Truly a drink that adds a zing to your senses!


Next up was the Acapulco Shrimps Ceviche. I'm a picky eater and love chicken but I did happen to take a bite of this and was pleasantly surprised. The appetizer, served with a serving of tortilla chips is a combination of poached shrimps, avocado, tomato, olive oil and cilatnro among other things. Think of it as an explosion of flavors. Highly recommended for the seafood lovers.

The main course was a mix of chicken, shrimp and beef fajitas accompanied with warm tortillas, guacamole and cream. The meat was tender, succulent and a delight to eat. This fajita dish is definitely one that a handful of people can share as it is a big serving. 


I highly recommend the Pollo Pibil (Grilled Chicken Brochette). This was definitely the star of the evening and it gets my seal of approval. I prefer spicy and chicken in any dish and the Pollo Pibil had the right mix of ingredients to satisfy my hunger. Achiote marinated chicken grilled to perfection served with tomato, serrano pepper, rice and creamy Suiza sauce. I vote this to be one of the best chicken dishes I've ever had!

And what's dinner without dessert? Can you believe it that I never had Churros before? It was time to experiment. The freshly made warm churros once enveloped in either caramel, raspberry or chocolate sauce made me realize what I was missing on! We didn't stop there. While the churros were nice, it was the Banana Chocolate Chip Cake that won our hearts. 


The crowning glory was the smooth peanute butter mousse that filled the cake's interiors served with a cinnamon ice-cream and a generous helping of decadent dark chocolate sauce. I don't think I've had a banana cake that tasted so exquisite! 

Overall, it was a delightful experience and I'm glad I got to taste authentic Mexican food. I'm definitely going back for the Pollo Pibli and the Banana Chocolate Chip Cake. 

The Cinco de Mayo celebrations are on through May 9th, 2015 at Rosa Mexicano, Dubai Mall. Don't forget to tell me what you ordered!


Rosa Mexicano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Post a Comment