Review: Jane Iredale PureMoist Lipstick

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A red lipstick with cat eye-liner reminds me of old Hollywood. It also reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. In my quest to find the perfect blue-based red lipstick, I've tried several and have yet to find that one red lip color that checks all the boxes. I have always been a fan of matte lipsticks and when this little gem from Jane Iredale arrived on my desk, I was over the moon. Why? Because it is matte AND red!

Jane Iredale's PureMoist Lipstick in Margi is a brilliant deep red (still trying to figure out if it is a blue-red as it looks like it) that has a matte finish.


Due to its creamy formulation, it glides on ever so smoothly.The matte finish in this particular lipstick does not dry out the lips; it contains avocado and sunflower seed oil as two of the several benefit laden ingredients.

The first swipe give you a beautiful just-about-right color deposit on the lips. The second swipe seals the deal giving you a pigmented red pout that says, "Don't mess with me".


How well did it stand the eating and drinking test? The color did fade a bit (as it would any other lipstick) however, you are left with a decent lip stain that doesn't scream 'weird'.


Confident, daring, bold...these are words that describe the color. Did I mention a blend of pomegranate and blackberry makes the lipstick smell so delicious?

Jane Iredale has another pretty gem specifically designed to support breast cancer awareness for the month of October. Read about the latest launch here (it's pink and cute).

Do you have a favorite red lipstick that you swear by? I'd love to hear about it!

Jane Iredale's PureMoist Lipstick is available in 24 shades. Connect with them on their Facebook page for updates.

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Post a Comment