Review: Benefit Cosmetics Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dubai's climate is unbearable during the summer season. You can't walk for 5 mins in the outdoors without having your hair frizz up (hello there, bird's nest) or running to your car, starting the engine and immediately hitting the air con. I know a lot of my friends and others complain about 'make-up melting off' their faces. Fortunately, I've never had such melting make-up problem.

I have normal-to-dry skin and fortunately, don't have as many problems as girls with oily or combination skin do. I do, however deal with dry patches of skin on my face from time to time. 

Of late, one of my favorite make-up brands Benefit Cosmetics launched the Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer. This product goes together with the Hello Flawless range of foundation and powder. I was quite impressed with the foundation (review here), so was expecting the same from the new primer.


Known as a make-up magnet, the Stay Flawless primer claims to lock in foundation and the rest of your make-up thereby eliminating the need for touch-ups or that melting make-up look. Although the primer is light beige in color, it is colorless once you apply it.


After moisturizing my skin, I used the primer in one stroke on my cheeks, forehead and chin area. I smoothed it out. There was no tackiness. I applied foundation immediately followed by my favorite Benetint (review here). I wore this on a work day which means 8 to 9 hours or so.

The primer truly worked its magic because by the end of the day, my make-up looked like I had just put it on; it looked fresh and I was so happy that it did. Not once, throughout the day did I feel the need to touch-up or apply pressed powder. Usually, when I get home after a long day and look at my face, I go "Whatever" because let's face it, I'm tired and my make-up doesn't look that grand as it did when I applied it in the morning.


The next day, after the usual routine I applied this on my eyelids to lock in the eye shadow. The intensity of the eye-shadow shone through and the color looked so pretty. I had zero creasing so this primer doubles up as an eye make-up primer too. You just need a little bit on your face and eyes, and you are set for the day (and evening)!

What's your favorite primer? Do you have a favorite? 

Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer is available with Benefit Cosmetics stockists across UAE. 

*The product was sent by the brand/ its reps for a review. All reviews are based on my personal experience & outcome thereby presenting an honest opinion to the readers.

Unknown said...

My favorite primer is the bodyography Primer - Last all day n night in the Indian weathers :) Was in my sept fav too -http://www.beautyneverdates.com/2013/09/august-and-september-make-up-favorites.html

Post a Comment