Reviewed: Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Friday, October 21, 2016

Aren't face oil all the rage right now? I love straight-forward skincare routine that doesn't take up much of my time. I don't layer a plethora of products on my face such as serums, activators, oils and other creams because I don't have the time and neither the patience.

Having said that, there are several brands that have jumped on the face oil bandwagon. I'm not one of those who assumed a face oil would, by default reflect a greasy residue on the face post application. But my best friend was. It took a little convincing to get her to see the 'after-effects' on the face oil and today, she uses it religiously.

For as long as I can remember, I have included face oils in my skincare routine. It's become an essential now rather than an option. Skincare brands then moved from standard face oils to the ones packed with skin boosters. Each brands competes to deliver the best and there are only a few that are my favorite. Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil devised for the face just landed on that list.


I first discovered Palmer's through Glambox. The moisturizing body lotion appeared in a clean white handy, palm-sized bottle. Surely enough, the product made a positive impression on me because it tackled dry spots on my arms in a couple of days. So, when the new Skin Therapy Oil landed on my desk, I was intrigued.

A fusion of ten skin-friendly oils including Vitamin C, Cocoa Butter and Retinol, the Skin Therapy Oil is incredibly non-greasy and absorbed by the skin in seconds. It's a super moisturizer that instantly smooths any dry spots on the skin and locks in hydration. Palmer's also claims the product targets the traditional but annoying skin concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and dark spots among others. I have yet to see a difference with regards to dark spots as I haven't used the oil long enough (I have a spot near my eye which refuses to disappear).


Applying the oil also makes application of foundation (on dry skin) a breeze. In addition to this, the dropper enables you to use enough required for the face- 4 drops and you are good to go.


A dermatologist I visited recommended to use face oils while going to bed however, I prefer using it in the morning. The product has Retinol and this particular ingredient can cause skin sensitivity when exposed to the sun but I've had no such problems.

I've noticed softer skin, if anything and I'm glad this product lives up to my expectations.

I'm going to use it for another 3 weeks, every morning and fingers crossed, I see brighter skin. Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil has my seal of approval!

Palmer's is available across major retailers in the UAE.

Update (14 Dec, 2016): So, I've managed to use this almost regularly (might have missed a day or two per week). I made it a point to use it in the mornings. My skin is definitely void of the pesky dry patches that I experience every now and then. In addition to this, new acne marks that left light marks on my face, have completely faded. Hurray for that! I can't say my skin is brighter but I'm so glad the face oil tackled new acne marks and zapped them into oblivion.

Lana said...

omg!! I have to buy this!!

Post a Comment